Thursday, January 31, 2008

February 2008 already!

It took me way longer to post the site today than it usually does. The really sad part is that the bulk of the time that I spent doing today's site update will be totally unnoticed. The bulk of my time in today's update wasn't posting classic dots or the updated February home page it was the new archive section of the site. I had to create new pages for the 12 months of this year (I find it easiest to do it all at once) and while I was at it decided to make navigating through the news archive easier by having the calendar for each year have a link to the main archive page and to the previous and next year. Thankfully the calendar is all handled with a php script so there wasn't too much code that had to be written and tested. This has me again thinking about moving my site over to one of the many content management systems that are available. I still think the few minutes that I would save doing this makes the huge effort required to learn and set up the system not worth the effort, though I suppose it would open up more consulting opportunities if I had firsthand experience setting up such a system. Something to think about, I suppose.

No comments: