Thursday, December 18, 2008

Dix Mille posted

I am running late today. You see, the original development journal for Dix Mille was not backed up properly. While I had multiple copies of the source code backed up, I only had the one copy of the design journal on my development machine. Somehow, I had ended up deleting that file so I ended up really quickly writing a new version of the development journal. It is not as good as the original, but in the future I will make sure I backup my document files as wel as my source files. Had the journal been saved in the same directory as my work, there would have been multiple copies of it and I would have at the most only lost a tiny portion of it. Of course, all the early builds of the game are viewable in the journal so those who are interested can look at how the game actually developed, but the new version of the journal is about a quarter the size of the original and doesn't cover the snow issue, which was mentioned several times in the original.

No comments: