Thursday, March 20, 2008

The First Snow of Spring

Today is the first day of spring so you can imagine how I felt when I woke up and looked out the window only to see snow falling from the sky. The weird thing was that the temperature outside was above 0C so the snow was melting as it hit the ground. My lawn is still starting to green up so I suspect that I will have to be cutting the lawn in a week or two.

Of course, today I posted the open source version of my Evil Eggs Easter game, as it is Easter this weekend. I know that only a handful of people bother to download my open source offerings but I still feel that Open Source is important and plan on eventually releasing most of my games as open source. Still, I come from a background of treating code as royal jewels so I do like to hold onto the source of any new games for a while. The exception to this, of course, is my Ultimate Retro Project, in which I have been releasing the source code before I have even officially posted the games. I am thinking that with Dozen Days I might start releasing the source code the same day I release the game.

No comments: