Thursday, June 21, 2007

Staying Monthly

The results of the vote were 60% for keeping One of those Weeks monthly and 40% for having episodes voted for and 0% for going with the majority. What is most interesting about this vote is the fact that the number of people who voted were significantly less than in the previous vote which means that a number of people never bothered to vote, which would happen to be the same as voting for the third option. I was kind of hoping that the majority of the people would vote for having One of those Weeks voted for. Still, the majority have spoken and I will do my best to keep up with monthly releases of One of those Weeks episodes.

Why would I want it voted for? It makes sure that there is a game choice that has a chance of beating Coffee Quest related games and would have added a lot more excitement to the game replacement vote. Granted, at 10 hours a week, game replacement votes are not going to be as frequent as I would like. The results also alter my plans for this summer. As I will likely be between contracts over most of the summer, at least if some project doesn't appear in the next couple of weeks, I was going to focus my time trying to put together a more elaborate game that could possibly be released as a shareware title. The monthly release schedule for One of those Weeks may give me an alternative project to work on, which means I am going to have to make some tough decisions shortly.

No comments: