Saturday, May 5, 2018

State of the Site May 2018 update

With my being accepted into a Master of Science in Computer Science program I will be extremely busy for the next couple of years. I do want to keep up with my site, which is not that time consuming if I predominantly post ports of the games from Blazing Games so both this blog and my homebrewgamejam.blogspot.ca blogs will continue while I am in university. The frequency of the updates is going to be shifted from weekly to alternating between the two blogs with each having an article posted every other Saturday. If things get too hectic, I may cut back to a monthly update but am going to allocate a block of time towards the site and blogs so that things will continue unless something bad happens.

My Easter Egg generator is not really writing a postmortem for. While I did learn a bit about color filters while creating it, this is not enough to warrant a full article.

This month is seeing the release of two games. The first being the HTML 5 version of Four in a Row which is not a new port but does need to be transferred over from the Blazing Games site eventually and as towel day is so late in the month why not this month. The original version was still rough so I decided to clean up the AI a bit and to add animation to the game. There is still a lot that I would like to add to the game before I would consider it to be complete but not sure when I will find time to do that so it may be a decade before this game is properly completed.

Towel day will be the release of my Towels for Earth port. However, I will be posting the postmortem of the game before the actual release of the game. That will be the topic for next fortnight’s post after which I will start posting Chapter 4 of my Animate CC eBook.

Fleet, which I was planning on posting in June, is not quite ready. If it is not ready in time I may post a different game in it’s place but hope to have it finished. If the game is not ready by the 25th then I will go with an alternate post. Either way the site will have information about what I am going to post. If the game is delayed, it will still be worked on so will be posted later in the year. 

July's game will be released on the 13th of the month as that month has a friday the 13th. It is going to be 13^2 Spikes. August is String Along, but I may substitute it for Fleet if a delay is required.September is when CQ is finally suppose to appear but if things go as planned there may be a bit of a surprise with that release.

No comments: