Sunday, April 3, 2011

Decision 2011

For the first few days of April I am having a poll on my Blazing Games site to determine the future of the site. Right now the ad revenue on the site covers the costs of running the site but does not earn enough to actually pay me for my time or effort. For that reason I am trying to focus on some larger projects which can either be put on other portal sites or possibly sold commercially as indie titles. Phone platforms are definitely being considered. This leads to the question of what should be done with the Blazing Games site. I was thinking of returning to a weekly format, with sneak previews, betas, and incremental upgrades to existing games on the site being the focus. Alternatively, remaining monthly puts a bit less pressure on me so I can focus on my larger scale games. Perhaps the best choice, however, would be to go quarterly with the site updates and just focus on the larger scale games.

I was originally planning on posting the results of the poll today, but so few people have voted. Worse, half the votes have been for the non-committal whatever choice. For that reason I am going to leave the vote up for a few more days before making my decision. If you are reading this before April 7th, 2011 and haven't voted yet, please do so.

No comments: