Thursday, November 20, 2008

Toronto?

With today's release of One of those Weeks episode 45, there is only one more episode left in the series. I am planning on finally finishing One of those Weeks next month, though it will be a while before all the episodes are released as open source and all the chapters from the making of book are released. As those of you who filled out the poll on BlazingGames.com already know, I am considering writing a proper novel based on the game. When you consider that the game is based on an outline I wrote for a novel that I was considering writing, this would be an appropriate end to the series. If I do decide to do this, I would probably not release anything until the novel was completely done and then release the novel under a creative commons license. The time spent on the novel would be separate from the hours I am allocating to the site so don't worry about it taking away from the site because it wont.

This episode is actually rather interesting as it is the texturing version of my ray caster ported to Flash. This could be thought of as a proof of concept that I could get Coffee Quest 5 working in Flash, but now that Flash 10 is out and has some built in 3D support this is probably a moot point as using the built in Flash 3D primitives will probably prove to be faster than doing the ray casting. When I have time this will be something that I will be looking into.

No comments: